So you're craving sweets. Sadly, that Betty Crocker brownie mix is somewhere in the U.S. Now what? You want authentic Italian sausage or bratwurst . . . not the sausage that is sometimes available in Costa Rica, in some stores, in some towns.
What's a hungry girl to do? Improvise, using local ingredients. I should add that each of these recipes requires minimal mess (unless Rusty involves himself), because I cannot abide a bug-attracting mess in the kitchen.
- Strawberry Cream Pie
- Tiramisu, Tico Style
- The Best-Ever Easy Salsa . . . and Guacamole, Too
- Tico-Style, Still Yummy Chicken Alfredo
- No Brainer Cold Corn-Black-Bean Salad
- Crispy Chicken Tacos -- For Two or 20
- Key Lime Pie
- Chocolate Ganache: The Series
- Chocolate Cream Pie and Truffles, from Ganache: The Series
- Chicken & Mushrooms - No! Not Another Chicken Dish!
- Pimp My Cupcake
- Crack Bars - The Ultimate Addiction
- Creme Anglaise, Cream Puffs & Eclairs, The Easy Way
Check back soon more more ideas . . . and yes, we'll review more than sweets (but the sweets are so much fun, right?). Lo que hay.